- Provisional – No experience required; completion of a 40-hour NACP pre-approved training program only
- Basic – Minimum of 3900 hours of experience* + additional minimum requirements
- Intermediate – Minimum of 7,800 hours of experience*+ additional minimum requirements
- Advanced – Minimum of 15,600 hours of experience*+ additional minimum requirements
* Victim Assistance related experience may include employment, volunteering, internships, etc.
- Child Abuse Specialist
- Domestic Violence Specialist
- Drunk Driving Specialist
- Homicide Specialist
- Sexual Assault Specialist
- Campus Advocacy Specialist – added August, 2016
- Identity Theft/ Financial Crimes Specialist- added January, 2019
- Human Trafficking Specialist– added January, 2019
- Comprehensive Services Specialist
- Program Management Specialist
FIRST TIME APPLICANT?
Choosing a Level:
There are 4 levels of NACP: Provisional, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced
These levels are based on experience and training.
New Provisional Advocate Credential Application
No experience in the field required, completion of a pre-approved training course required.
New Basic Advocate Credentialing Application
A minimum of 3900 hours (2 years) experience.
New Intermediate Advocate Credentialing Application
A minimum of 7800 hours (4 years) experience.
New Advanced Advocate Credentialing Application
A minimum of 15,600 hours (8 years) experience.
For a list of Training Requirements, please visit the Training Requirements page for details.
RENEW YOUR CURRENT CREDENTIAL:
- Renewal (at the Current Credential Level Only) NACP Application
It is required to document a minimum of 32 hours of continuing education from “Basic and Advanced areas every 2 years.
- Application Fee: $100.00*
*Military Application Fee: $80.00 (discount applies to all military victim advocates and civilian advocates providing advocacy services at or for any military installation).
UPGRADE TO A HIGHER CREDENTIAL:
- Renewal/Upgrade from PROVISIONAL to a higher level NACP Application
- Renewal/Upgrade from BASIC or INTERMEDIATE ONLY
When upgrading to a higher credential, documentation of additional work/volunteer experience is required. The maximum credit that will be given for “on-call” hours will be no more than 1,950 hours per twelve (12) month period.
BRIDGING FROM D-SAACP TO NACP?
- D-SAACP to NACP Bridge Application
This application is for DoD personnel who hold a Current D-SAACP certification or for those whose D-SAACP certifications in good standing and have expired within the past 3 months. Please Note: If you have not held a D-SAACP Certification in the past 3 months, please use the regular NACP application form. This Bridge application is used by those moving from military to civilian advocacy or those who want to add an NACP credential to their credentials. The Bridge will take you from your Current D-SAACP level to the equivalent NACP level.
FEES FOR CREDENTIALING
|Renewal With Upgrade||$140||$110|
|D-SAACP to NACP Bridge (first time applicant only)||$40|
Continuing Education Resources
Please refer to the NACP application forms for the continuing education requirements for your specific level and designations. These are examples of available training’ however, you are not limited to this list. Please seek training that is victim-assistance related from other sources as well.
- Continuing Education Documentation (CED) Form
- Code of Professional Ethics for Victim Assistance Providers– UPDATED 2021!!
The Code of Professional Ethics for Victim Assistance Providers is also available in large print out for purchase.
NACP FORMS & APPLICATIONS
Continuing Education Forms:
Continuing Education Documentation (CED) Form
Applications & Forms:
- Provisional Advocate Credential Application
- Basic Advocate Credentialing Application
- Intermediate Advocate Credentialing Application
- Advanced Advocate Credentialing Application
- Renewal Advocate Credential Application
- Upgrade Advocate Credential Application (from Provisional Level Only)
- Upgrade Advocate Credential Application (from Basic or Intermediate Level Only)
- D-SAACP to NACP Bridge Application
- Code of Professional Ethics for Victim Assistance Providers The Code of Professional Ethics for Victim Assistance Providers is available for purchase on 11″ X 17″ parchment suitable for framing.
- NACP Program Disclaimer
- Memorandum of Confirmation Form
- Client Contact Observation